Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we hope you are all safe and healthy.
Please note that at this time, the Sustainable Arts Foundation does not have the capacity to offer COVID-19 emergency funds.
COVID-19 has made a significant impact on artist residencies, whose programs are characterized by gathering together in community. Because these programs are particularly challenged at this time, we will be supporting them once again in 2021 with an application process in the fall of 2020.
Below are some resources that may be useful to those of you looking for financial support, guidance, activities for children, distractions, and more.
For Parent Artists and Writers
- Artist Residency in Motherhood
- Cultural Reproducers
- Parent Artist Advocacy League (PAAL)
- Pen Parentis (For parent-writers)
For Parents and Kids Sheltering in Place
- Artful Parent: Activities for Kids
- California Science Center: Stuck at Home Science
- Common Sense Media: Wide Open School
- Exploratorium Activities for Kids
- Incredible Art: Games and Activities
- Khan Academy: Online Learning Schedules (Preschool – 12th Grade
- NASA STEM at Home (Grades K-4)
- NASA STEM at Home (Grades 5-8)
- PBS Kids Games
- Ranger Rick (Free through June)
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Time for Kids (Free digital version)
For Artists and Writers
- 3Arts (Chicago)
- Anonymous Was a Woman
- Artist Relief
- Artist Trust
- Artists Thrive
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+)
- Common Field: Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resource
- KQED (San Francisco) : Emergency Funds for Creative Freelancers
- Springboard for the Arts
- United Nations Creative Call
- National Assembly of States Arts Agencies (NASAA)
- Poets and Writers Resources
- WomenArts Resources
For Teaching Artists
If you are aware of a resource you think we should be sharing, please let us know.